My biggest problem with G+ so far is the same problem with Facebook: there’s no ranking of importance or significance for each post. For example, I greatly enjoy about 20% of the posts from Abraham Williams but the other 80% is noise to me (sorry Abraham) so I’m tempted to relegate him to a black hole circle. I wish I could say I want only his posts that reach +2 or something like that — like /. or digg moderation.
Yeah, I made the mistake of adding Wil Wheaton to my “Following” circle, and was then innundated by posts from him. He’s an interesting guy, but not if he drowns out the rest of the posts!
My biggest problem with G+ is that not everyone that I want to be on it can get in yet. So I can’t simply jettison F’arsebook.
I’ve followed a few people drowning my stream with threaded comments. I sent feedback requesting a feature that facebook already has where the threaded comments get collapsed until i explicitly expand it
oblig: mod parent up? I agree. For now I’m trying to optimize my circles. I have no good strategy, yet.
i want overlapping circles… that could be an interesting UI and more accurate way of reflecting how i want to communicate with people
Something like a checklist for which circles to display in your stream would helpful – e.g. show me everything except the low S/N “Following” circle. Putting people in multiple circles, overlapping circles, etc. etc. just sounds like work.
Comments are closed.